Sunday, December 31, 2017

Daily Summary of Experiences

Date
Activities/Experiences
Strategies/Methods/Techniques observed
Learning/Insights
September 5, 2017
This is the day of our deployment and our first day to our cooperating school. Because the principal is not around the school take charge on giving us (student teacher) cooperating teacher that will help us for the whole practice teaching experiences. Then we have an orientation with our cooperating teacher, my cooperating teacher asked me to make a lesson plan regarding to the topic that I will discuss the next day. Afterwards, we familiarized ourselves to the school and leave.
September 8, 2017
This is the day of my first teaching (local demo) but apparently postponed because many students were absent and they merged some sections.
September 11, 2017
This is it. This is the day of my first teaching experience with 9-Silver. I felt so nervous but not for the whole time because I felt comfortable within discussion. My cooperating teacher praise for having a good quality of teaching but of course I have some errors because this is the first time.
With the topic (Iba pang salik na nakaaapekto sa Demand)
Art of Questioning, Discussion and Quiz
At first I felt so nervous but within discussion I felt comfortable. I realized that it’s not easy to teach. And I really have more things to learn and improve.
September 14, 2017
I just observed my cooperating teacher while teaching to other section because they were late to topic.  
Interactive Discussion
I observed that there is one section who’s active and some were not but just a quiet listeners.
September 18, 2017
I discussed the Elasticity of Demand in 9-Silver. This section is the only section I handled during Monday that is why they are advanced in lesson because sometimes the class to other sections were affected by holidays or other agendas.
Art of Questioning and Discussion
Students were silently listening and slightly active during discussion. Teacher should know when to crack the silence and make it good atmosphere.
September 19, 2017
The day after I discussed the Elasticity I gave my students an activity regarding to last discussion.
Activity (computation)
Students were seriously answering the given problem.  
September 22, 2017
It is shortened period every Friday and I didn’t discussed because my cooperating teacher are the ones who discussed and teach. His class has a good atmosphere because he can catch the attention and humor of the students.
Observation
I realized that to have a good class atmosphere you need to get the attention of the students and have some sense of humor for the class not be boring.
September 26, 2017
I discussed the first topic I used and Elasticity in other sections. I handled the last section and I felt disappointed because some had their different agenda and they are not fast learners so I have to repeat what I have said just for them to understand.
Art of Questioning and Discussion
Students don’t have the same type of knowledge that is why you need to know how to handle different kind of students for you to have better discussion.
September 28, 2017
After we discussed the topic the other day to other section I gave them activity.
Activity (computation)
I observed that in class there’s always student that will take things seriously and some were just take it as if it was a joke.
September 29, 2017
It is shortened period every Friday and I didn’t discussed because my cooperating teacher are the ones who discussed and teach. His class has a good atmosphere because he can catch the attention and humor of the students.
Observation
I realized that to have a good class atmosphere you need to get the attention of the students and have some sense of humor for the class not be boring.
October 2, 2017
This day I taught students about supply.
Art of Questioning and Discussion
Students will be active if they can relate their life or situation to the topic. Teachers should know how to make their students relate to the topic for them to understand.
October 3, 2017
I just observed my cooperating teacher while teaching to other section because they were late to topic.  
Observation
Class were active and attentive because sir. Jayson were good in class management. And I need to be like him someday.
October 9, 2017
I gave activity to the students that my cooperating teacher asked me to do.
Activity
Some students did the activity but some were not and it is disappointing because some students don’t have interest in studying but instead they were busy doing things that is not related to studies.
October 10, 2017
I discussed about the Elasticity of Supply.
Art of Questioning and Discussion
Students were focused on listening but some were not. This is the sad part of being a teacher because you can’t get the attention of the whole class unless they are interested.
October 12, 2017
After discussion the other day I gave them activity regarding to the topic.
Activity
Again some students were not in focused and have different agenda that is not related to studies. I don’t know what to do in that kind of students.
October 13, 2017
School Activity (Mr. and Ms. Intramural 2017)
October 19, 2017
2nd Periodical Exam
I assigned as proctor.
October 20, 2017
November 16, 2017
My Final Demonstration Teaching
November 17, 2017
The next day after my final demo, my cooperating teacher gave me an assignment which I need to give activity to the students and facilitate them.
Observation and Monitoring
Some students did the activity but some were not and it is disappointing because some students don’t have interest in studying but instead they were busy doing things that is not related to studies.
November 20, 2017
Many teachers were absent because some of them are coaches and trainers for city meet (Sports) and some attended seminar that is why we were assigned to take charge for those teachers and attended their class to monitor the student’s behavior.
November 21, 2017
November 22, 2017
November 23, 2017
November 24, 2017
November 28, 2017
I just observed my cooperating teacher while teaching to other section because they were late to the topic.
Observation
Class were active and attentive because sir. Jayson were good in class management. And I need to be like him someday.
December 4, 2017
I discussed the inflation in 9-Silver. I didn’t finished my discussion because some students were not listening and have other things to do and it cost of time
Art of Questioning and Discussion
I realized that you will not get the attention of the students if they really don’t want to learn. All you have to do is to continue discussing for those interested.
December 7, 2017
Since my cooperating teacher was absent and I don’t know what to be discussed to 9-Bronze, I make an activity that will make the class closer. The messaging game which the class were going to write message on the paper of their classmate that is fall to them and then it will pass one by one until you get your own paper.
Activity
Students were shocked to the messages they get and some were so happy because of the positive messages.
December 11, 2017
I finished my discussion to 9-Silver and afterwards I gave them quiz. I’m happy for the result but for some students were not because I can’t get their attention though I did so many things just to get theirs.
Discussion and Quiz
I realized that you will not get the attention of the students if they really don’t want to learn.
December 12, 2017
I gave activity for one section and because the other sections have their activity for other subject I gave my time for them to prepare and rest.
Activity
Sometimes you need to grant their favor for them to not just like you but to caught their attention because they will realized that you have care for them and they will surely liked it.
December 14, 2017
This is the second to the last day of my practice teaching experience and I discussed for the last time in 9-Bronze the topic I used on my final demo which is Inflation.
Art of Questioning and Discussion
The students were active during discussion but they easily forget what I discussed because their mind were not focused.
December 15, 2017
This is the last day of our Off-Campus Practice Teaching. I asked the students to write something about my teaching skills, what they have learned and their message for me. We also took pictures as remembrance.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Title Page

Republic of the Philippines Bulacan State University College of Education City of Malolos, Bulacan A Portfolio Of ...